Thursday, August 19, 2010

All I can do has been done . . . .

Our revised I-601 packet, which ended up consisting of over 3 lbs worth of paper, is now en route to the Embassy in Lima.  Hallelujah!

I feel like it is the only thing I have done for the past 2.5 weeks.  I ate, slept and drank extreme hardship, searching for every last grain of whatever could be used in support of our case.  And in the end, it was VERY hard to stop revising, but I managed to do it and I'm finally satisfied.  I have done EVERYTHING in my power to ensure that our waiver is approved and now it is all in the hands of the Lima USCIS Field Office Director.  Come on October!  Get here fast, so that we can finally carry on with our lives and begin to make plans again!

I got so much satisfaction and, I must admit, pride out of the finished packet that I managed to put together, that I have actually been looking into what it takes to become a paralegal.  So . . . here we go with the plans already . . . when The Dreamer makes it back here, I'm thinking we'll both attend university together.  The Dreamer was really close to finishing a bachelor's degree in accounting when he ran out of money to continue his schooling and moved to the U.S., so he would like to study to get his Bachelor's degree, this time in finance with a specialty in investment.  He is in love with the stock market.  I already have my Bachelor's of Arts in Spanish, so I would probably study to get either my Master's or a certificate in paralegal studies.

I can just imagine us going off to college together, meeting up in between classes for lunch, studying in the evenings at home at our side-by-side desks, ah, so romantic, hahaha.  Of course, all of this is pending approval, but I have to admit, for the first time in three years I'm actually feeling fairly positive about the future! 




10 comments:

  1. Hang in there I always found the waiting to be the hardest part. Glad you got all that paper out of you hair though that has to be a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope all goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I can sense the relief in your post. Congrats on sending in the revised waiver!

    I am in the thick of things over here gathering my evidence... I don't know HOW you managed without a lawyer to tell you exactly what you need amiga!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, so relieved :-) Good luck getting your packet together - don't worry it'll all come together before you realize it, then you can sit back and "relax" while you await a happy reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suerte my dear:) We're rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl, we haven't heard from you in ages, how are things going? Are you both staying in good spirits? Post a quick blog to let us know you're alive and well, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, Krystal. I'm still here and alive, just not a great blogger ;-) I just haven't had anything interesting to say until now!

    ReplyDelete