Friday, June 11, 2010

Coming Out . . .

When my husband was first deported from the U.S., I honestly thought that I was the only U.S. citizen with a deported husband.  I remember scouring the internet, googling "married deported".  At the time, there was only one other blogger that I was able to come up with in a similar situation and having just that one other person made a huge difference.  Over the past two-and-a-half years since then I have realized that I am by far not the only one and I can't explain the comfort that this fact gives me.  So, when Corin from "Corin in Exile" wrote her recent blog post titled "Solidarity" asking why so many of us in this situation aren't speaking out about it, I decided to answer her call. 

It's hard to believe that I started this blog a whole year ago - time really does fly - and as you can see, my blogging has been slim to none.  I've always been a little hesitant about speaking out considering our situation, which is why I will blog anonymously, at least for now.  Once mine and The Dreamer's fate is decided (once our visa waiver is approved or denied) anonymity won't matter so much, but until then we will be The Planner and The Dreamer.  But, honestly, I hope my blog will serve as some sort of comfort to someone else out there in a similar situation just as the blogs that you'll see listed under "Other blogs to check out . . . " have served as a comfort to me.  Thank you to all those that haven't been afraid to speak out - I have been guzzling your words greedily and anonymously.

So, I'm recommitting to this blog.  Bare with me because I'm just learning all this blog design stuff and don't quite have everything up, yet.  I hope to be publishing "Our Story" soon.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Honored, humbled, and very proud of you! Solidarity indeed! Good luck with your journey, and we'll be here if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for coming out:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey planner... welcome to reality. There are many here in exile... Why.. its the haves and the have nots... logic has nothing to do with it. So what we need to do is look reality in the face, decide we're going to make the best of the situation as we possibly can, pray...and hope a change will come along... I hate to sound negative but I dont see anything like that on the horizon in the near future.
    So what my personal decision is ..is to become a citizen of this new country (Mexico) that seems to have more consideration & love for me than my own. Think about it...it may be a blessing in disguise.

    ReplyDelete