Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Peru on my mind . . . and in my stomach

So with just one month left before heading down to Peru, there's nothing occupying my mind more than my upcoming travels and time with The Dreamer and it seems as though the weather here in Ohio is longing for Lima, too. Earlier today when I checked, the temperature here was a mere 67 degrees (really odd for summer here), just one degree more than the winter weather down in Lima. So, I figured that some Peruvian food was more than due for this odd occasion.

The Dreamer has been recommending the "menu" at the local Peruvian Restaurant for the past couple days now, expounding on its affordability, healthiness, etc, so today I decided to call up El Sabor Peruano to see what the "menu" of the day was. Turns out it was "sopa de pollo" (chicken noodle soup containing corn on the cob, carrots and potatos), "escabeche de pollo" (chicken covered in some kind of orange pepper sauce on top of rice covered with sauteed onions) and a can of good 'ol Coca-Cola. It sounded pretty good and ended up almost completely satisfying my hunger for Peru (only The Dreamer can satisfy it 100% - ha ha).

It was actually a really weird sensation. The weather, combined with the food and the fact that today was a lazy day for me (I had the day off from work) all combined into this deeply satisfying feeling of relaxation while I stuffed myself at the dining room table thinking of The Dreamer. It was great.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment